About Our Resort
Hale Kai's two-story Polynesian style condominiums are nestled on the edge of the Pacific Ocean and open up to a view of the islands of Lanai to the southwest and Molokai to the northwest. It is surrounded by lush tropical foliage, a park, and some of the best coral reefs and tide pools found in West Maui.
All accommodations come with cable television, high speed wireless internet, ceiling fans, phones, private lanais and ocean views; many units have CD/DVD players. No charge for parking or local phone calls. The all
electric kitchens and open dining areas make preparing meals a joy. The one-bedroom units are a spacious 600 square feet plus lanai. You can enjoy your breakfast on your lanai, relax during sunset with pupus (appetizers) on the pool patio and
cook your dinner on the gas BBQ’s located under the banana trees by the pool.
The aromas of the flowers and the warm Maui breezes remind you that this is paradise. As you watch the rolling of the gentle waves, the deep aqua blue ocean beckons to you. The marine life is like nothing you have ever seen before. Look quickly if someone rings the pool side bell, as whales, dolphins and other exciting sights are right off shore. The shallow reef allows you to closely view the colorful fish and Honu (green sea turtles). The turtles and occasional monk seal sun themselves on the sandy beach.
After a swim, stroll along that beach and search for treasures in the tide pools. Enjoy watching the children play in the well equipped park next door. You will also see people paddling their outrigger canoes, spear fishing, kite boarding, snorkeling and sailing yachts cruising the channel during sunset. Sunsets are amazing---and different panoramas every night--- as clouds pile up in many patterns when the trade winds blow them against the islands of Molokai or Lanai.
Hale Kai is located 5 miles north of the old whaling town of Lahaina. We are a small community called Honokowai, an enclave tucked away between the Ka'anapali resort on the south and Kapalua to the north. Within walking distance of Hale Kai, there is a grocery store, a wonderful farmers market, an excellent fish store, a great deli and a Maui roasted coffee shop called “Bad Ass Coffee”. Or treat yourself to any of the several lovely restaurants within minutes of Hale Kai.
- Two low-rise, vintage Hawaiian style buildings, consisting of just forty units
- Relaxed, low-keyed vibe
- Well maintained landscaping and facilities
- Onsite rental office staffed six days a week
- Onsite recycling, regularly delivered to the recycling center by one of our eco-conscious neighbors
- Onsite laundry room with numerous coin-operated washers and dryers, conveniently open daily from 7 AM to 9 PM
- Laundry sink and eco-friendly clothes lines, located behind the office in a fenced in area
- Pets are not welcome in the rental units
- Solar panels on the roof provide an energy efficient source for electricity
- For the comfort of all guests, there is NO SMOKING inside units, nor on lanais, on pool deck and other common areas. A designated Smoking area—with benches and shade--- is located on the street side of the office
- Our building design does not accommodate air conditioning; the condos have the typical tropical ventilation of louver doors/windows & ceiling/portable fans to circulate the sea breezes.
Features & Amenities
- Pool with numerous chaise lounges in which to recline and gaze at the scenic islands directly offshore
- Two gas barbeques and numerous poolside tables
- Easy access to the ocean in front of the property via the adjoining beaches
View Marine Life right offshore:
- Humpback Whales, beginning in November and running through April
- Sea Turtles (Honu), pretty much viewable year-round, directly in front of the property
- Spinner Dolphins and Monk Seals, on occasion, if you're lucky and paying attention
- Tropical Fish amongst the coral reef in front, if you're willing to go snorkeling and get wet
- One minute walk from the Honokowai Farmer's market, and just a few minutes more from numerous other neighborhood stores and restaurants
- 10 to 15 minute drive to most any West Maui attraction, whether located in Lahaina or Ka'anapali to the south, or Kapalua or Honolua Bay to the north
- Next door to Honokowai Beach Park, an expansive open space with a recently upgraded playground area and shallow tide pools, ideal for small children
- Free parking for one vehicle
- Free high speed wireless internet
- Free basic cable T.V.
- Free local phone calls
- Our onsite Rental Office Manager and Aloha Ambassador is ready to help customize your accommodations and book your next stay
- Many friendly, year round residents who enjoy meeting and getting to know our guests
- Many ‘content’ guests who return year after year!
- Sunday Pupu parties every other week by the pool
- Impromptu conch blowing by the pool at sunset